View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The biggest difference between the Devils and the Habs is coaching. The two have fairly similar talent levels, but one is an extremely well-coached team with a very strong system, the other is a poorly-coached team with a weak system.
I agree with your main point about coaching but there's no way our talent level is even close to being similar to the Devils'. Kovalchuk, Parise, Zajac, Elias, Langenbrunner, Martin, Brodeur are all players I would take before most of the guys on our team.

Anyway, frustrating loss, if only because I could have predicted it before the game even started. This team has absolutely no killer instinct and lacks the mental fortitude to impose itself when the situation asks for it. Martin got outcoached once again and the special teams keep failing. I don't think I've seen Bergeron shoot the puck once on the PP since he came back. Sure, he's getting pressured on the point, but this team has to start making plays at some point. Stop looking for the perfect play and put shots on the damn net.

Anyway, let's hope for a big win against Carolina on Wednesday, we're gonna need that because Atlanta is only 4 points back.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote