View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Backlund performed well.........for 40 minutes. The only reason people are excited about Hutton and I was excited about Backlund is because they're unknown quantities who may be good enough, where as we know that what we have now ain't cutting it.

As for why not? Because bad goal tending is a dime a dozen, good goal tending is not. Sure it would be nice if the Flyers were able to look under their carpet or between the cushions and find a play-off starter, but the odds are against it.
Agree for the most part. Just one correction.

Below average goaltending is like grass. Grows everywhere and free to take as long as it's not somebody's long.

Average goaltending is dime-a-dozen. Anyone can find a starter to work decently and win a Stanley Cup behind a great team. Well, as long as they don't get hurt.

Above average goaltending is nearly impossible to acquire. It takes luck usually. There are only a few of them in NHL. By few I mean, possibly 5. Meanwhile there are more goalies capable of starting a team to the finals behind an elite team than there are teams in the NHL.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote