Thread: Rumor: Letang Offer
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Burgs

vCash: 500
I hope Letang comes to his senses and realizes what a great future he could have here. I like his potential but that's all it is, potential. The kid had one great playoff run but other than that has been incapable of stepping up every time Gonchar was out. Does anyone believe Letang is worth more than twice of what Goligoski makes? I don't want to overpay him just so he can bolt as UFA once he really hits his prime. These are still development years, and should be paid accordingly.

He's a RFA with no arbitration rights so he has no leverage. If Letang really insists on getting more than 3.5 million, I want Shero to play hardball with him. Let him wait all summer, threaten to barr him from camp, make sure that he realizes that if he's not signed before December 1st he will miss the entire season. If someone else wants to overpay him, accept the offer sheet, take the picks and use the cap space. Tell him to have fun with the Panthers or BJs and remind him to buy a Center Ice package so he can watch the playoffs.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote