View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 03:24 PM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I checked the above post, interesting.

For the muscles thing since i already have the slapper mastered when taking many many shots in shooting drills which usually are a rapid fire line of 10 pucks on the ice from the top of each of the lower circles, the middle in the high slot, then from each point. I do the point shots last because of fatigue they are harder to shoot and mentally I make sure more effort goes into it so they are good shots.

The next day the muscles of soreness are the muscles on the ribcage (whatever they are called), shoulders, forearms, thighs and calves as well as the lower back muscles. Also the muscles on the hip bone on the upper thigh on the right hand side, I shoot lefty.

I have a partially torn bicep tendon and it doesn't affect my slapshot in the least so the bicep does not play a huge roll in slapshots. It is on my lower hand by the way. It is the part of the bicep that you use to screw in screws with a screwdriver. I am right handed (I shoot lefty) so it doesn't matter.

... if this helps you at all.
Nice thanks for that. For the first week I'm planning on just hammering shots a few hundred a day and making note of the muscles that hurt, then targeting those muscles later in workouts. I'll save all my plans for the challenge though, I have some great workouts that NHL players use for the same purpose

HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote