View Single Post
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air
vCash: 500
Don't stop going for sure. Stuff like that really does happen all the time.

Its been said before, but you play hockey = you will get hurt at some point. That goes for everyone of all levels, experience, abilities, whatever euphemism you want to use. Everyone out there knows that, and you can't feel bad and quit if accidents happen. Obviously, no one wants to see a person get hurt, but its going to happen.

Also, the point about making the "beginner feel better" usually happens at open hockey when you have a mix of talent levels. I've played at high levels of hockey, so I really feel and look like a dick if I'm out there backchecking and ripping a beginner or standing up a guy who's been skating for two months and is just trying to have fun and get exercise. There's no reason for me to do that to someone trying to learn. All of the guys that I skate with that have played junior, college and pro are all the same way about that as well. It's not a way to patronize you or make you feel better about the accident, its more about respecting someone who is trying to learn and not discouraging them to a point where they don't come back.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote