View Single Post
Old
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
so you have felt tongues in your skates?

Buddy, i've been skating since I was 2 years old. Been playing hockey since I was 5. judging by your posts, your more worried about having your skates look like your a pro then actually skating like a pro. all style no substance

flopping your tongues out to an extreme with a: wear out your tongues. b: probably mean your not tying your skates tight enough and c: likely make you lean forward a little too much (that extra pressure leaning into the tongue of your skate will affect how well you can stay on your edge when making sharper turns or pivoting from forwards to backwards) and don't even get me started on how it would affect your backward skating.

Could I still skates 95% as well as I do with my skates tied how I usually tie them? yes. but the motives behind doing this are nothing but superficial.. which is lame, imo.

my opinion is that if your worried about skating to the best of your abilities tie your skates properly. If you aren't and are just worried about looking as cool as possible while playing, do whatever the **** you want. But don't attack my credentials when im just trying to give someone my honest advice here.
Luckily for you, I did get started on that already.

I find it funny when people are so insecure that they go out of their way NOT to do anything that resembles even an attempt at "style". It's really not that big of a deal. Some people like to wear their gear the way they think it looks best, it's not a sin, and it doesnt make you some sort of bandwagoner or *****.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote