03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2568
Coburn contract talks

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...-in-esche.html

Quote:
Coburn defers contract talks: Defenseman Braydon Coburn, who’s scheduled to become a restricted free agent July 1, received a contract offer from the Flyers but instructed his agent to decline and hold off negotiations until after the season is over.
“It was at their request,’’ Holmgren said.

As for Coburn’s play this season, Holmgren seemed to be mildly disappointed. The 25-year-old has only five goals, 18 points and was a minus-9 going into Sunday night’s game.

Coburn’s numbers have declined each of the past two seasons, going from 36 in 2007-08 to 28 last year.

“I don’t think he’s played as well as we would have anticipated,’’ Holmgren said. “And if you ask Braydon, probably not as good as he would have liked. He still logs a lot of minutes for us. I’m concerned that his production has dropped again this year.

“But I do think there are some variables here that are out of his control. Chris (Pronger) gets more power-play time now and Braydon is getting less this year. But we still consider him part of our future. We look forward to getting it (contract) done.’’

There are three other scheduled restricted free agents: Darroll Powe, Ryan Parent and Daniel Carcillo. Holmgren doesn’t feel any urgency to get anything done on any of those until after the season.
“We’ve talked on and off with Powe,’’ Holmgren said. “I don’t think we’re that far apart.

“I don’t have any problems with Ryan. He’s been out with injuries and we just wanted to see how he did when he came back. He’s restricted, I don’t think there are any worries there.’’

Holmgren said he had one talk with Carcillo’s agent but both parties decided to wait until after the season ends.
/n

A giant among racehorses, Unbridled became an even more towering figure at stud, siring a winner of each Triple Crown race, as well as champions, Grade 1 winners, and major producers at stud.

Paulick Report, May 19, 2015

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-28-2010 at 08:50 PM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote