View Single Post
Old
03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman42 View Post
the more the better I say. wasn't there a time when the Flyers had 2 or 3 former 1st round pick goaltenders who were the future and none of them even got as much as a cup of coffee with an NHL team.

To be honest I think they have soured on most of their current goaltending prospects outside of the few they acquired this year and Eriksson. Backlund might be leaving and Little only saw Rynnas playing in 1 1/2 games.

Even with the talk I dont see Eriksson coming over this year. Bobrovsky might be over Riopel and the rest of the goaltenders outside of Hutton and Backlund really didn't impress, and I mean Riopel in his AHL stint before being sent back to the Q.
Riopel didn't impress because he never really got a chance to. That idiot stick behind the bench in Adirondack has no clue how to develop players. He ruined Justin Pogge. When he was coach of the Marlies in Toronto, he was informed by Toronto management that the plan was to play Pogge often and that Scott Clemmenson was to be his backup and mentor. Idiot stick did the exact opposite of that. So, instead of being able to rebound and work his way through a slump, idiot stick would pull Pogge every chance he got and would put in Clemmenson. He also started Clemmenson ahead of Pogge every chance he got. The guy does not like young players or developing players, which is what a coaching job in the AHL is all about. I'm not even going to refer to idiot stick by his proper name because he is a giant bag of doosh that needs to be fired ASAP by this organization. He's already shown this year that he has mishandled the development of Bourdon, Marshall, Nodl, Maroon, Bodrov, Riopel, etc......Let him ruin young talent elsewhere.