Thread: Rumor: Letang Offer
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Super Reverse Homer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
My biggest reservation about Bouwmeester is that I have never seen him turn it up when the stakes are high (having never been to the playoffs is of course a big factor), and when he plays the Pens he frankly ends up Sid's ***** most of the time. Bouwmeester is a guy Sid just blows by. The problem for us when we face(d) Florida was/is Vokoun.

Anyway, last season with Florida when they held on to him at the deadline, he and the team withered away as the playoffs were very much in reach, and this season on Calgary once again he fails to raise his game down the stretch, going instead in the opposite direction, big time.

Obviously, he'd look very good on our blueline and he is a very good player, but I don't think he is close to deserving his present salary.
There's only so much one man can do on a team like the Panthers. When Olli Jokinen is your team's all-time scoring leader and the only elite franchise player you've ever held onto is a goalie (aside from the 150 some games from an oft-injured Bure), there's only so much weight Bouwmeester can shoulder on his own.

If Letang develops half of JayBo's defensive game and consistency, he'd be deserving the 3.5 to 4 million we all think he will be asking for.

Super Reverse Homer is offline   Reply With Quote