View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
these signings also (potentially) bring intangibles to the dressing room, which is always a bonus. it's been posted a few times how one of them won an award given for "character" and the other went to Brown. Obviously I'm not saying they'll come in and be leaders in the dressing room as professional rookies, but I'd bet Gilllis and co. spoke with both coaches and heard things like "good work ethic" "leadership" etc.

It's never a bad thing to add character players to your organization, at whatever level.

agreed. who'd you have in mind?

the fact that we miss out on as many guys we have interest in as we land suggests GMMG has a pretty definite line drawn in the sand as to what he'll offer any particular UDFA.

so far he hasn't over committed in cap hit or term with any of the signings imo. I don't think there's any reason to be concerned that any college UFAs will hamper future roster moves because of their cap hit.

I would be interested to see what Julien Sprunger would do over here, he's 24 6-4 200 pounds, a very NA style of player and basically a PPG player in the Swiss league, he had an alright Olympics for the Swiss potting 2 goals in 5 games.

Last edited by Scouter: 03-30-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote