Thread: Rumor: Letang Offer
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 06:12 AM

vCash: 500
IMO JBO is one of those defenseman thats good at everything but great at nothing in terms of offense, defense and transition. I know his skating makes him look like he's in another league but in the end he just plays a solid game instead of being the game breaker. Maybe I'm just bitter because I like the Flames a little.

As far as Letang, if he can just play a solid game I would be very happy for the Pens to offer up $3 mill a year but he just doesn't do it. He makes a ton of mistakes and is always out of position. For what... between maybe 30 and 40 points a year? He doesn't even control the PP.

On the other side, I love how he competes, his abilities and how he can close gaps.

To me Letang is still a question mark and I don't want the Pens to overpay. If he pans out I wouldn't mind seeing him get Gonchar money but at least give us a great season first. IMO anything straying away from 2.25, 2.5, 2.75 over the next three years is overpay. He can more than double his bucks and prove himself over that time.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote