View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
I think a lack of leadership in the dressing room might be another focal point in the lack of intensity and drive. While I don't doubt the players want to win, they are missing an element in the dressing room that goes beyond the coaches, and that is a vocal leader who will urge his players on, to amp up their intensity and to dig deeper.

Listening and reading the words from the captain makes it apparent to me that they are discouraged. Trying to find your game at this point of the season is going to lead to disastrous results. This is a team that is still seeking an identity.

I like to compare the Kings to the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz. First impression you get is that they are fierce, but as you gradually get to know their true identity you start finding out that they will cower in confrontations and will step aside when challenged to rise to the occasion.

How the team responds today is going to be very telling in what we should expect from the Kings from this point on. If they fail to deliver today, the game after, the game after that and continue with their inconsistent play right through into the playoffs (should they get there), then this organization needs a purging. They look like a disjointed group with no direction or strategy.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 03-30-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote