View Single Post
Old
02-11-2005, 10:21 PM
JCD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Love
What other options are there for the Eagles in terms of DTs? I know they'll have Hollis Thomas, Sam Rayburn, and Darwin Walker back next year. While Thomas is a solid run defender, and the Eagles seem high on Rayburn (who I thought looked solid when he got playing time...not spectacular or anything, but a decent tackle), Walker did not have a great year. And with their need to upgrade their run defense, I'd think DT is one position to address.
Weak year for FA DTs. Simon and Pat Williams topped the market. Simon is tagged and Bills are getting all sorts of vets to renegotiate their contracts to free up $$ for Williams.

Right now, looks like Hovan and Seth Payne will be the top bills.

For the Eagles, DT is a bit of a sore spot. Both Walker and Simon look like UTs who are so-so (being kind) against the run. Hollis Thomas is the best run stuffer, but hasn't had a healthy season in YEARs, so can't be counted on as a starter. Rayburn looks decent, though I don't think he excels in any facet of the game.

With Trotter behind them, Eagles can be a bit more comfortable with two undersized DTs in the middle.