View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 11:39 AM
weems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The puck movement from the defense is definitely an issue. I think that fits right in with what I was saying about the discontinuity with regards to moving the puck up the ice. The forwards aren't always getting the puck with speed and moving up the ice as a unit. If they were doing that I don't think as many people would complain about the dump and chase because more often than not, the team would retrieve the puck as they would have the right amount of pressure to execute a 2-1-2 forecheck.

Maybe it's just like other aspects in life: when you're too close to something you don't always see everything you should. When you take a step back you're able to see what may have been causing the problems. Although, if that's the case I'm very worried because Murray's getting paid to be able to see these things.

As negative as I've been the past couple weeks, I still believe they can turn it around. However, I'm definitely worried that I'm not seeing signs of said turnaround.
What I see is a group of forwards that are having to use a humongous amount of energy getting the puck thru there own zone and the neutral zone because the defensive unit isnt capable of this outside of Doughty and randomly Johnson. Soon teams are going to gameplan to smother Doughty and attempt to make his life tough. They will say we know Doughty is there main puckmover so we are going to try to make someone else move it. The Caps went out at the deadline and grabbed Corvo to ease Mike Greens job because they know once the playoffs come around teams are going to gameplan to limit Greens effectiveness and there needs to be a guy who can be the 1A or #2 puckmover.

Kaberle or Visnovsky would look great on this current roster.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote