View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
What I see is a group of forwards that are having to use a humongous amount of energy getting the puck thru there own zone and the neutral zone because the defensive unit isnt capable of this outside of Doughty and randomly Johnson. Soon teams are going to gameplan to smother Doughty and attempt to make his life tough. They will say we know Doughty is there main puckmover so we are going to try to make someone else move it. The Caps went out at the deadline and grabbed Corvo to ease Mike Greens job because they know once the playoffs come around teams are going to gameplan to limit Greens effectiveness and there needs to be a guy who can be the 1A or #2 puckmover.

Kaberle or Visnovsky would look great on this current roster.
I agree. Hopefully the puck-moving defenseman is something Lombardi can address this offseason (whether by FA, trade, or having Hickey or Voynov step into that role).

I also agree with Ziggy that the team is too spaced in every zone. They need to get back to keeping it simple with 15 foot passes and strong support all the way up the ice.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote