View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Sorry to post in this GDT again, but doesn't Vokoun actually refuse to play against us?
Not according to the quotes from Tomas last night...

Quote:
The last time Tomas Vokoun faced the Predators, he beat them 3-0 on Dec. 23, 2008. But Vokoun didn't start Monday.

Florida Coach Peter DeBoer opted for Clemmensen, pointing out that Vokoun had won just once in his past seven starts.

"They basically told us they want to rotate the goalies for the rest of the year,'' Vokoun said. "I've played 60-plus games and all the Olympic games, so it's kind of a nice break for me, too. Still, you'd like to play against your old team, but it's the coach's decision.''

Vokoun probably will miss the playoffs for the third time in as many years during his Florida tenure.

"Obviously it's disappointing once again here, you know,'' Vokoun said. "It's tough, especially for me being my third year here. You wish you had different results.''

Vokoun has another year left on his contract and doesn't know whether there will be another one signed with Florida.

"I'll see,'' Vokoun said. "There were definitely some talks at the trade deadline. But that's a good question. I wonder myself, so we'll see. I'll just try to finish the season strong.''
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...+for+Predators

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote