View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Pucknut50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
The way Phoenix is playing, the way Chicago is playing... one could argue Chicago would be the better matchup for the Kings. The Kings don't have enough on offense to beat good goaltenders and Bryzgalov is a strong Vezina candidate, darkhorse Hart candidate. But Huet? The Kings haven't been able to solve Niemi but Chicago is playing as bad as the Kings are right now. It's certainly not panic time. The Flames, if they win-out (which they aren't going to do), would have 97 points and the Kings would need 8 points out of 7 games to qualify. Calgary's not winning out with Vancouver, San Jose, Phoenix and Colorado all on their dock.

Here's how the Calgary Flames can get into the playoffs

The Kings can get 8 points out of these 7 games:
@ Nashville
v Vancouver
v Anaheim
@ Anaheim
v Phoenix
v Edmonton
@ Colorado

Now I certainly don't want the Kings to back into this thing but every time that the Kings faced adversity this season, they've responded with a hot run. So I'm confident they'll get it together. And I'm not concerned about them not being hot at the moment. Last year, St. Louis was the hottest team in the league heading into the playoffs and got swept.
The way were playing Edmonton coud beat us in 5. At this point we just need to get in and hope Quick gets red hot and we get some bounces our way.