View Single Post
Old
03-30-2010, 08:33 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
The last 2 seasons hes looked lost in the playoffs. To call him by far the best defenseman for the rangers during hte playoffs is being unfair to the other 5 defensemen on the rangers during those seasons. I'd argue that Staal was the best defenseman for the rangers last season because he was constantly on ovechkin and did a very effective job coving him. The year before that i can argue that Mara was the best rangers defenseman during the playoffs. Rosival lacks any physicality, he's slow to the puck, and he's pretty bad handling the puck. He's reluctant to shoot, which makes me scratch my head when i see him on the powerplay. Lately he's been shooting more but these past 2 seasons he's not shot at all. How can you call a defenseman who can not clear the crease, or lay a hit on any player for that matter, an amazing defenseman? At best id say he's above average.
Last season in the playoffs Torts put Redden and Rozsival together to match up against Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin because Staal and Girardi were having problems.

Mara is a terrible defenseman. The guy has a lot of guts but he can't skate and takes a lot of penalties because of it.

I don't even like Rozsival honestly. I think the Rangers should find a suitor for him this offseason and attempt to get something in return as I think he has some value in order to move on. However, the guy has been the Rangers best defenseman and is a 1st pairing d-man on this team, and has been since the lockout.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote