View Single Post
03-31-2010, 12:24 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
Hey guys so would you say I overreacted?

I play in a low level ball hockey league (coed) we were playing a new team, they were very raw, alot of hacking and whatnot and they didn't let up on the girls in the corners. One guy on there team was about 6'4 250 very unskilled and he hit one of our girls in the corner, which is bad enough but than he called her a diver. I was about 10 feet so I ran at him and threw a bodycheck, than dropped my gloves and said "lets go expletive expletive" etc etc, he wasn't wearing gloves therefore did not drop them. Nothing came of it, except his voice cracked and I noticed he had braces . Overreaction? what should I have done. I've never been in that kind of situation in a coed league, usually the guys are very apologetic when a girl goes down. Anyway what would you do in my situation?

FYI I'm 5'7 180, short and stocky, so he was well out of my weight class. But I'd still wreck him
I'm not touching that one.

But I will add that anyone being rough at a coed game needs his ass kicked end of story. You did what I would have.

Some women have told me after skating into each other not to worry about it as they like to play that way. You know women these days have the "We're not girls, we're women" type things. I love women for not being weak nowadays.

I hope to see women in the NHL someday as people who can play and not as a novelty. They are getting better and better and someday it will be common place for rough stuff in the corner with the opposite sex even at an amature coed game.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote