View Single Post
Old
09-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
Yeah, I think itís a pretty big concern, particularly in light of the fact that not only are we lacking the personnel to put together a decent checking line, we donít have any defensemen that are particularly strong defensively, either. Yes, we have a solid goaltending tandem, but we canít count on those guys to steal games for us every single night. Who on this team do you put out in against the oppositionís top lines? When itís late in the game and weíre up by a goal and somebody takes a stupid penalty, what combination of players from the current roster are you comfortable putting out there to preserve the lead?

This team, unfortunately, is built to fight yesteryearís battles, i.e. shootouts. And while they may be able to win a few games that way, you need to be able to grind out 2-1 wins in todayís NHL as well, and I seriously question how successfully this team is going to be able to do that.
A pairing of Malakhov and Mironov would make life miserable for opposing top lines for 1 out of every 3 games. As for those other 2 games...