View Single Post
Old
03-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
This thread needs to stop being hijacked by the vocal minority. Thats the most polite way I can put it.

Theres something about New Yorkers and defensemen. If they are neither Brian Leetch nor Jeff Beukeboom they suck.

Rozsival has been either our #1 or #2 dman for 4 of the 5 seasons since the lockout. This is a ranger team which, up until this season, consistantly had one of the best defenses in the league in shots per game. Our defense made Steve Valiquette look like a great backup. Nuff said/

What rangers team have you been watching? The rangers teams i've seen over the past few years have had sub par to god awful defenses. I think what you are mistaking for a good defense is Henrik Lundqvuist's ability to single handedly win games for the rangers. The fact that up to this season the Rangers didn't give up too many shots on goal was not because they had one of the best defenses in the league it was because of Tom Renney's system. In his system everyone had to go back and play defense, it was a collective effort from everyone on the team. Tortorella completely changed that to "safe is death" and relied on the defensemen actually earning their pay checks. Apparently not all of them can handle that, thus showing the fans how good the defensemen really are... which is not good at all. the fact that the rangers have been able to stay in the playoff hunt for this long is amazing, and ALL of the credit should be given to henrik directly. Without him the rangers would not even be 13th place right now.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote