Thread: TSN 1260: Tambo on Oilers lunch Today
View Single Post
Old
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaoil View Post
I can't believe no one has picked up on him tipping his hand that he will select Seguin not Hall. He basically came out and said it, yet people are freaking out that he even brought up Fowlers name.

-Comparing Hall Vs. Seguin to Chris Gratton Vs. Jason Arnott. Nice!
Apparently Gratton was more physically mature than Arnott at the time and dominated him in a playoff series but Arnott turned out better.

Hall is the more physically mature..

How could he come out and more clearly say that he is picking Seguin in this type of interview?....

That looked like a strong hint IMO, I'll be shocked if he was saying that for no point.
I am not sure I would read anything into this right now. They don't even have the first pick yet and even if they did I doubt that any GM would be so obvious with how they want to play it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaoil View Post
This is just a guess, but I think he wants Seguin and if he doesn't get him with trade down for Fowler. That's how I interpret that interview...(hence why Fowler is being brought up often even though it is supposed to be a two man race in the eyes of fans).
Unless the deal is ridiculous, bypassing Hall for Fowler would be a PR disaster for the team. Hard to see that it would not result in a big exodous of fans.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote