View Single Post
Old
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Jwm1986

vCash: 500
Our powerplay is frustrating

I know we have been in the top half in terms of powerplay production for most of the season, but i havent had the sense that we have a dynamic powerplay all season..

The last stretch has been downright frustrating....i really dont understand TM's philosophy when it comes to this....

First of all, am i the only one who feels that Stoll shouldn't be on our first unit pp? hes useless to me in this setting....he's out there for one reason, and thats to have pucks fed to him for the one timer....problem is, he almost never connects and either 1 ) shoots high, or 2) gets the puck blocked....he serves no other purpose in my mind....he has made our PP so predictable its sad

2nd, i really dont think Kopitar is being utilized to his strengths most of the time. He just stands at the half-wall and dishes pucks out to the point....on rare occasion, we see him make a great move around a defender and shoot at the net (which usually results in a goal)....i think if he played much lower and closer to the net, we would have more options as he is a great passer...

i think this is an area where Frolov would strive... give him Stoll's place and have him play the opposite half-wall, which will primarily serve what Kopitar has been doing, only on the other side....his great puck possession would be great....

Johnson and Doughty at the point, with Smyth in front.....

just an idea as to something that might work....a bit of a new look would be refreshing

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote