View Single Post
Old
03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
hof2120

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHF View Post
I was scorekeeping a coed game last night and I saw a similar play happen; a 250+ lbs guy absolutely levelled a tiny girl in the corner. I mean she went flying.

Ref didn't see it, and nothing was done about it on the ice either. The guy didn't apologize, her teamates didn't come to her defence, even though she was clearly hurt. It was really odd.

I don't condone violence in hockey, especially not fighting, but I thought something should've been done in this instance. A good teamate would've at least went up to him to have a lil' talk. No need to escalate things with a cheapshot, but roughing him up a little bit would've been acceptable. A meathead like that needs to know that what he did was unacceptable.

(She did get him back later on with a nice crosscheck in front of the net though.)
There's a very fine line between being Chris Pronger and sticking up for a teammate when he/she is down and being Todd Bertuzzi and blatantly ending someones career as "retaliation". Bertuzzi is the ultimate ******* in my opinion, the worst man in hockey.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote