View Single Post
Old
02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Verbal Kint*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
Leaf_Army...........

Dont get me wrong I am a Domi fan BUT I would rather be watching that Big Fat head of his on the ice playing some NHL hockey...thats all............

Having a celebrity endorser sometimes is a good idea for a commercial HOWEVER, this season with no NHL on the tube I think the timing of using an NHLer like Tie Domi in a commercial is questionable........there are alot of people frustrated at these NHL players and owners and I being one of them..........When there่s NHL hockey to watch Domi might be a very popular individual......Im just not so certain that the guy is as popular during the NHL Lockout.

Cheers!

monkey_00
1. Stop using that God damn font. Please.
2. I understand that you're an actor and do work in commercials. Therefore your stance on this situation is a bit skewed. The fact is that Domi isn't stealing someone's job because it was his job in the first place. Celebrity endorsers are a part of advertising and so that job was his before and after the lockout.
3. Domi is too much of a fan favourite in Toronto, and Grapes is a hero to the average Canadian. Lock out or not these two guys are going to drive the message home easier and better than your average joe actor would.