View Single Post
Old
04-01-2010, 02:19 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
You are all making good points, but all the fastest NHLers are either short or average, all the speed skaters are the same. You all compliment Meyers on his skating, but how would he fair in a lap with Gaborik or Cogliano?
There's also another point to made, skater hollow. Gaborik was last reported to have a 1" hollow and gets his skates sharpened 1-2 times a season, at least in Minnesota. Cogliano is sick, fast but I'm not sure of his sharpening statistics so I will not comment.

Patrick Marleau is probably the fastest "mainstream" guy in the NHL right now. I also believe he is on FBV, although I have not confirmed. I will shoot an email and hopefully get an answer for you guys.

I do agree with you on top end speed, an average sized guy will have faster foot speed than a bigger guy but stronger/longer strides than a small guy. The agility is best as a small guy, big guys are straight line fast. Artyukhin in Atlanta is probably the best example of a fast, relatively agile big man. When he was in Tampa, I promise you he'd keep up with St Louis until they started changing direction.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote