View Single Post
Old
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Jwm1986

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Ok we are 6th in PP. If movement, point shots actually hitting the net, and more slashing to the net could move that ranking up to say 3rd or even 2nd would do that, which of us posters would say "No thanks, boring, undynamic and flatfooted is working just fine"? Anyone? Anyone? [Bueller]

Stoll misses the net FAR MORE OFTEN than he hits it. Johnson doesn't shoot enough, instead waiting, usually until the shot is gone and then just throws the puck down low.

Frolov cutting to the net or along the half boards while Kopitar slashes toward the net might work wonders. I do know that flatfooted defenseman or whoever is manning the points is not a good thing. stats are great, but we all watch the same thing every PP and most of us have seen how predictable it is. If we see, don't you think that guys with a bit more hockey sense (coaches and players) than you and me see it too?

I'm not saying it sucks, although sometimes in stretches it truly does, but it could easily, with just a few little tweaks, be alot better.
exactly my point....when our 2nd unit pp is effective, its usually because of Frolov....he has the puck most of the time....

i think playing Kopitar down low will entice him to shoot more....it also creates something for other teams to think about, which creates other openings.....

were not talking a big change here.....

TM has been so inconsistent with the lines all season, i just dont understand why he never really switched up the PP

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote