View Single Post
Old
04-02-2010, 12:37 AM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
Carcillo has improved immensely overall this season as compared to his play after his acquisition last year. I said I didn't want him around unless that happened, and it did, so I'm glad to have him. He clearly does a pretty damn good job drawing penalties, but I have to say...he seriously dives and embellishes about as much as any player I have ever watched. I am regularly shocked by his ability to fool the refs. Maybe it's because I watch him play so much, but I think a lot of his acting isn't even that good...yet it often works, so hey, who am I to complain I guess.

I find it funny though to see Flyers fans go nuts over opponents diving and at the same time praise Carcillo's handiwork. I'm one who generally isn't a fan of diving whether it's my team or not. I'm not too pleased when opponents do it, nor am I too pleased when Carcillo does it. Sure, when I played I embellished a bit at the right times, and I expect all players to do so. You'd be dumb not to in certain situations. But the extremes Carcillo often takes it to I don't have a whole lot of respect for.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote