View Single Post
Old
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
  #319
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
1) Not every defender is stupid enough to try those passes while all 5 opposing players are still on the ice and in the play.
He averages 1 turnover every 3 games. And you're complaining?


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
2) Rosival cant clear the zone for *****. Watch a penalty kill when he's on it, tell me how many times he gets the opportunity to clear the zone and does it. Do this over a period of games. Then get back to me.
If what you say is true, then he would have a hell of a lot more than 25 giveaways on the year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
3) Similarly, watch whenever Rosival is on the powerplay. Tell me how many times he turns the puck over and also cannot control the passes to him on the point, thus resulting in the puck leaving the zone. Do this over a period of games. Then get back to me.
Again, if what you say is true, he would have more than 25 giveaways in 76 games. I don't need to get back with you since statistically, your last 3 statements have been proved very, very wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
4) Staal, Girardi, and Del Zotto all clear the crease more effectively than Rosival. Not to say that they do a sufficient job of it themselves but they do a hell of a lot better job than Rosival.
Doesn't answer what I asked you. I'll ask again since you missed, or ignored it.

Rozsival has never been a physical presence. Why expect him to turn a new leaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
5) Fans scream shoot it because the Rangers run players like Rosival out onto the point. Players who can't run the point on a power play, or contain the puck in the zone, or pass well to set up shots, or shoot it.
Rozsival doesn't put himself out on the PP. His coaches do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
6) I'm not confusing Rosival and Redden. They both are slow and both have similar problems. It's not a coincidence that both Rosival and Redden both get booed at Rangers games. They both are overpaid and while one does suck more than the other... THEY BOTH SUCK. Rosival does get abused on the boards, how can you even deny that? Watch him slowly retrieve the puck when it goes behind the net, then watch opposing players come and pressure him for it. Most of them knock him down. He gets laid out often too. Notice during hte course of the season Rosival is the most frequent Ranger to get injured from a hit. Why? He's decently size... It's because he's as soft as a hostess snow ball and has a gigantic mangina.
You're criticizing Rozsival for taking a hit before moving the puck. Most experienced hockey fans praise a player that sacrifices his body for the sake of protecting the puck.

Also, Rozsival has missed a total of 8 games over the last 5 season's. Additional proof you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
7) I didnt know Rosival had any dimensions to him, let alone 1...Really he does a lot of different thigns well? Like what exactly. List them, list every thing that comes to your mind. I doubt it'll be a long list and many of the thigns you say i'm sure can be disputed. List em and we'll see.
Why list the obvious when you'll refuse to pay credit? You said it yourself, you're biased when it comes down to Rozsival because you don't like him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
8) Really, so if Rosival was on the Penguins he'd instantaneosly become better? Did Dmitri Kalinin become better when he came to the Rangers last season? How about Darius Kaspiritis... Kaspiritis was one of the best defensmen in his day, his play resulted in him being shipped out of New York after the 06-07 season. That team had a decent group of defensemen, his play was not better because he was a part of that team.
What an awful comparison there. When Kalinin came to NY, was our defense exceptional? Or Kaspar? They both played on a team that had a pretty questionable defense, but thanks to Mr. Renney and Henrik, it wasn't as bad as it should have been. Not sure what you're trying to prove here, but it's as foolish as the rest of your biased posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
9) Same thing as clearing the crease, just because he's a better passer than some of the other defensmen on the Rangers doesnt mean he's good. And it only makes it worse because he's higher paid than all the other defensemen besides Redden. He's awful at passing, the fact that others are worse than him on the rangers again shows how bad this defense is.
We already discussed this. His 25 giveaways in 76 games prove your openly biased opinion wrong, over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
10) Penalties? While Rosival doesn't consistently take penalties watch in big game situations. It wont be pretty when you see who the penalty culprit really is then.
Oh so we go from he takes a lot of penalty's, to he takes a lot of penalty's in big situations. Nice side-step there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
11) I'm expecting things from Rosival because his salary suggests he should play like a player who is being paid 5 million a year. Instead he's playing like a 550k player most of the time. I can get that production out of a young prospect who's willing to work his ass off every day and willing to take the time to become better than rosival who's only declined as a player during his tenure with the rangers. callahan isnt being paid 5 mill, therefore im not expecting something miraculous from him. neither is delzotto. And Henrik is by far the best player on this team. The only one who actually EARNS his salary. And he does live up to his expectations. If it wasnt for Rosival and the rest of this god awful defense he'd be racking up ridiculous stats.
Rozsival plays like a 550k prospect? And you honestly want people to respect and value your opinions? That may be the dumbest line posted on this forum. Go create a poll on the main page and see what other fans have to say about asinine comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
12) Go watch the next game the rangers play, tell me how many blocks rosival gets. I'm surprised to hear.
You claimed he never blocks shots. I went out of my way to prove he does. There are about 30 dmen in the league who have more blocked shots than Rozy, yet you want me to watch how many he gets next game. C'mon already, just admit your biased opinion mislead you (again) and move on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Stop pretending to know more than me. If you've watched more games than me then congratulations but that doesnt mean that you have more "hockey sense" or whatever that means, than me. Rosival DOES NOT earn his salary, or even half of it. The only reason im not thrashing Drury and Redden as well is because this thread is specifically designed for Rosival. He's an average player at best, he's not amazing, he's not good, he's just ok. He'll have stretches of playing well and stretches of playing awful. However you must also take into account what he is being paid, and combine that with his play for the entirety of a season and you get a terrible player for his salary.
Pretending to know more than you? I haven't missed a game since the 90's. And I at least know how to spell the persons name we're discussing.

You claim he takes a lot of penalty's. He averages less than 1 minor every other game.

You claim he doesn't block shots. He's ranked in the 30's in blocked shots among dmen.

You claim he turns over the puck too much. He averages 1 turnover every 3 games.

You claim he's injury prone. 8 missed games in the last 5 seasons is injury prone?

Just stop posting your opinions about Rozsival. You're miles off here. Admit defeat, and move the **** on already.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote