View Single Post
Old
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Pensfan86

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
definitely this year in high school hockey

i got screwed over by my coach (for the 2nd year in a row) not even recieving an allstar nomination, despite leading my team in points from D--- you might find it surprising but there was an all out revolt within our team against the coach, not only the players but parents of other players, who were pissed that i didnt get an nomination, because of my stats, and the fact that i was our captain...not only that, but many other coaches throughout the league actually called me or stopped to talk to me if i saw them at a rink to tell me they felt i was done unjustly...anyway, i had been tearing it up prior to the game at hand, but i felt i had an added incentive to turn it up. finding ourselves down 2-0 going into the third period, i erupted durin the intermission in the lockerroom, calling out the entire team (not like by name, but literally as a team) to step up as we were in a game that we really needed badly. Anyway, the message seemed to work, as we scored a goal roughly 3 minutes into the 3rd to make it 2-1. Throughout the third period, we outshot the other team 21-2, but as was our problem all year, we cannot score, and it was still 2-1 with a minute to go. however with the goalie pulled, my friend gave me a one timer in front, which i capitalized on, tying the game up at 2 a piece, with only 14 seconds left. Then in OT, i picked off a pass at the point, walked their winger, and took it into the slot, upon with i housed one top shelf on the opposing goaltender, sending our team plus our 200+ fans in the student section into an absolute frenzy. People were talking about the game at school for literally a week afterward, and one of my teachers even said that students were calling it the greatest game they had ever seen, lolol....

Nevertheless, just a huge rush, i still get chills when i think about it