Old
02-13-2005, 10:08 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Spezza for Fedorov wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Ottawa, but if they could get Mike Leclerc in there too, and maybe a pick, I think they'd do it. While Spezza will be awesome, it's not like Fedorov is 40, he's got around 5 years left it him. Also, Fedorov+Hossa would be one of the most amazing combos in the league.

They'd most certainly rather trade Havlat for him, and I could see Anaheim doing that. If that could lead them to turn around and sign Eric Lindros for a cheaper price, then they'd be huge winners in that deal. A future line of Havlat, Chistov and Getzlaf would be amazing. Followed by Lupul, Perry and another center(maybe added in the 2005 draft), that would be two amazing lines for the future.

As for the original proposal, thanks, but no thanks, and I'm a Ducks fan. I know getting rid of Fedorov's contract and getting a good prospect in Perry would be good, but Fedorov could definetely get a better return, like Havlat or someone like that. Anaheim also would probably never do a major deal like that with Edmonton, even though Bryan Murray is gone.
i seriously wonder about you if you really think Federov has Havlat-value. He doesn't. 35 year old, 10 million/season players don't have that kinda value unless they're scoring 100 points not 60.