View Single Post
Old
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
After watching these recent games all I have to say is we are just a bad team. We need Kovalchuk as much as I hate to say it. We would have won a couple of those critical games if we had him. Philly and Boston have given us every chance to pass them and we fail every time.
That's the incredibly frustrating piece of this final stretch .

However, I don't think this team played bad this afternoon, though. I thought this was one of their better games. They were effective defensively as a team ES against one of the top teams in the league. THey certainly had their scoring chances ihn the 3rd to put this game out of reach...

I really don't like putting a loss on individual players, but Moose and Slater really screwed up bigtime. As good as Moose was before that play and from previous games, the timing was awful for a soft goal like that and the angle was just as bad. How can you be caught "snoozing" in an overtime period, when the game/season is on the line? Likewise before that, Slater had no real reason to reach out and try to hold up the Penguin on that play, in BEHIND the opponents net in the waning minutes of the period when your team already had the lead. It's not as if it was imperitive that the puck get to his posession. The Thrashers HAD the game in lockdown already.

Sure, it would have been nice to see the refs let it go, or call the penguin for interference/hooking when he was holding Afinogenov back....

Ahhh.... theres still a slim slim chance this team can get in, but they've wasted so many open door opportunities to be legitimately in 8th or better.