Thread: Prospect Info: 2009-2010 Prospect Tracker
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
I ended up purchasing the Aeros game so I was able to see some of the youngsters. Keep in mind that this is only one viewing and I'm not expert.

Scandella-

Really good along the boards-physical and ties his man up well. He also is good 1 vs. 1 going backwards. He makes a very good first pass and his long reach allowed him to poke pucks up along the wall. He did pick up an assist, passing it across to Noreau for the 1 timer. I didn't like Scandella's coverage in front of the net or his decision-making in the offensive zone. He got caught flat footed a few times and that caused some problems. But, I like the raw skills there.

Kuemper-

He got his 2nd win in two nights. He was calm with the puck and made most of the saves. I will leave it to Aeros fans and Ms. Conduct to analyze Kuemper's abilities...see their blogs for great info.

Gillies- Bleh, he hustles and is physical but he didn't look any more noticeable in the game than he did in the Wild's last year. I like the kid and I don't expect him to score but I would think his physical tools would make him put up some numbers in the AHL.

Noreau- I thought he played a great game. He really controls the flow of the Aeros' offense. He makes smart plays, has a hell of a shot and played good defense. He didn't seem too small tonight. He looked like Brian Rafalski imo...again, AHL.

Kalus- He actually looked to be the fastest guy for the Aeros. He also had some really nice passes, showing great hands. He was physical and noticeable. Once again, I think it's a guy who has hands, speed, shot, size but no consistency or work ethic.

McMillan- He played with Irmen and Gillies. He had good n-s speed and appeared OK on the wall. He fumbled a few passes, one that would have been a two on one with Gillies. He also was involved in a fight, ended it quickly. I'm not sure if he connected but he threw em well and appeared to be the victor.

Falk- Same as he was up here but he logged more minutes.

The lack of offensive talent in the organization became even more evident tonight. I'm not trying to be a downer either, just honest. Kalus looked to have some skills but most of the others made me think I was watching our forwards minus Koivu, Bruno, Havlat and Latendresse (puck skills/passing/shooting). But, I guess that is what we drafted in Gillies and the rest of our draftees either flunked outright or are still with the Wild.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote