View Single Post
Old
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valverde View Post
Meh. Corey never got a shot, he averaged what, 6+ minutes in 3 games. Everyone knew he'd need more time to do anything productive, as he's not gritty or hard-hitting guy - so my question is, why was he called up in the first place? Weise or Byers should've been recalled, not Locke.

Of course I'm not bashing the guy, really appreciate his play in Hartford, but if he wasn't going to be trusted with a bigger role, like PAP, someone else should've been chosen.

On the other hand, Rangers had won every game with Locke, so I guess it's a non-factor.
Parenteau was given nearly identical minutes to Locke in his first few games, and yet he did enough to earn more playing time. Byers or Weise would have been the safe callup. The Rangers obviously were trying to hit the home run with Locke. That didn't work out. Now it's Weise's turn.

I really like these short call up stints for the prospects. It's worked well for Dubinsky, Callahan, and Anisimov. If Weise somehow does enough to keep a roster spot then awesome, but even if he doesn't, just getting a few games in the NHL is good for his confidence and development.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote