Thread: Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign D Lee Sweatt
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2010, 01:59 PM
CCTigers

vCash: 500
I watched Lee for 4 years as a season ticket holder for CC, and was a huge fan of his. In my 16 years of having season tickets to CC hockey games, he's in my top 4-5 favorite players. He was always the strongest guy on the team in all of the weight lifting competitions - he's a full on fitness freak. I'm not sure I would call him an offensive defenseman. He does a good job of rushing the puck when given open ice, but when I hear "offensive defenseman" I think of guys who give up something on the defensive end to make an offensive play. Lee wasn't like that at CC. He did rack up a solid number of points, but that had more to do with lots of ice time with some high scoring teams, and doing a great job of making good outlet passes and getting the puck to open guys in the offensive zone. He also had a lot of PP time. I think of him as a solid defenseman who has great vision, which leads to good point totals. He definitely is not scared about carrying the puck up ice or even going end-to-end and does have above average puck skills for a defenseman, but he looks for the safe play first and gets back on defense as quickly as possible after a rush.
The ONLY downside he has is size. He's smart, quick, good with the puck, has good vision, is physical, and plays a very solid all-around game. If he was 6' 2", he would have been in the NHL at 21 or 22.