View Single Post
Old
04-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
That's one thing that does not make sesne with this organization (or maybe just the coach). When a player is called up they're put in different roles with different expectations. Wilson is a pp qb and does a great job at it, why not give him a shot? Its not like there's anything to lose. Another example, Taffe is on a scoring line in Rochester but expected to play a checking role in Florida.

I only mention the Sabres because its the only other NHL team I really pay attention to but when they call up a player they have them play the same way and it pays off.
Well, sorry but Matthias a better player than Taffe. I know his track record in the AHL and it's impressive, and it's tough for Groulx not to use Johnson and Taffe and even Taylor ahead of Matthias. But that's just how I feel. Matthias has looked very good for us the last couple months. He's definitely a top 9 center in the NHL, and in the future could even become a 2nd line center. Taffe meanwhile has not even been able to stick in the NHL up to this point. I have no problem with Taffe playing where he is. It was just a tough situation w/ Matthias in Roch., I admit that, and his performance last season didn't help matters. That's why I think it's imperative he sticks with the Panthers from here on out. I think he's earned an NHL job.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote