Old
04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
http://www.csnphilly.com/04/04/10/Fl...765&feedID=695

Quote:
That’s why he was unaware of Larry Brooks’ Sunday NHL notebook in the New York Post that quoted two general managers anonymously saying Pronger is a “problem” in the Flyers’ dressing room.

When asked what he thought of the story, Pronger replied, “I can imagine what it is, because he [Brooks] said the same thing about me in St. Louis.

“He likes to stir the pot. He’s good at it. I don’t take credence to anything that comes from people like that’s mouth.”

The issue in the Flyers’ dressing room is the same now as it was at the start of the season. Many of the younger Flyers don’t appreciate Pronger’s abrasive criticisms about what it takes to win and prefer the more honey-coated approach by team captain Mike Richards.

Pronger has won a Stanley Cup, and you need to recall what general manager Paul Holmgren said about his coming here last summer: that he expected Pronger wouldn’t tolerate mediocrity, and that his defenseman would be quick to rattle his Sabre when things went awry and wouldn’t be afraid to do it vocally behind closed doors.

You don’t win a Cup without hard-***** in the dressing room.

Ask Penguins GM Ray Shero why he brought Bill Guerin in for Sidney Crosby. It’s because Guerin had won a Cup and offered a no-nonsense approach to winning that would counter-balance a young captain (like Richards) that hadn’t won a Cup – and maybe had a softer way of getting his point across in the dressing room.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote