Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Grachev - Stepan - Any other system forward that emerges and can play RW
Byers - Dupont - Weise

Staal - UFA RD
Del Zotto - Sang/Sauer/Gilroy/Girardi
McDonagh - Sang/Sauer/Gilroy/Girardi
Redden

Nabokov - Johnson

1st Line - We need 1 or 2 more premier forwards to create the 1st line of a contender. Perhaps one of Dubinsky, Grachev, Stepan, Kreider, 1st 2010 really steps up and takes the role, but with my above depth chart there are a ton of forgotten forward prospects such as Kreider, Hagelin, Horak, Bourque, etc. Such depth in prospects could lead to a trade for an established first liner yet not cripple our organization one bit.

2nd line - In 3 years all 3 of these players should be more acclimated to 2nd line duty in particular and the NHL game in general. Still, the dark horses are abundant as stated above.

3rd line - Basically the gems among forwards in the organization. They should both hit the NHL by 2013-2014 (if the world doesn't end, of course).

4th line - All three guys (maybe even Boyle instead of Dupont) are likely depth players at the NHL level by 2012 or 2013.

Defense - Redden is likely on the books still, but I have him as the 7th D just to be fair. Our left side is very strong in general though. Barring a major collapse by one or more of the top 3 LD listed, we could have our core in place for quite some time. The right side gets a little tricky, though. Rozsy will be gone, though for all of the ire he draws, he is the only RD in the organization fit to log the minutes he does. Girardi may stick around, but he has always been best suited for 2nd or 3rd pair responsibility. Gilroy is still an unknown, though he has played the better part of the season in the bigs, and Sangs/Sauer are complete coin flips (I wear slightly blue-tinted goggles, so I would LIKE to take that statement further into the positive, but can't). I think we need one marquee Defenseman added to the core. I'm not THAT rigid on him being right-handed, but would need to play alongside Staal or Dizzy.

Goal - I'm just checking to see whether you were paying attention or not.

Bottom line is we have an abundance of overall talent in the organization and the future looks bright, but I would like to see that talent level divided among fewer players.

For S's and G's:

Kovalchuk - Lecavalier - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

All of the rest of the forwards can be hodge-podged to account for whoever we sent away to land Cavs. Even if that meant trading Stepan, Grachev, Kreider or whatnot.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote