View Single Post
Old
04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Holy crap, I didn't know that stuff ... that is a lot of change in name. So if I am going to try out Tackla pants what would you recommend then?

Wait for Eagle pants? I need new pants in any case, I started wearing the rollerhockey pants because my CCM Supras I bought in the late 80s early 90s are not very comfortable. I also have a pair of Flak pants which are brutally heavy.

The pants are the only thing I have left to replace with all comfort being the main goal.
For Tackla, I'd honestly only recommend the Canadian made pants. Eagle pants are already out btw.

BUT, from the sounds of it you will want something that is slim, light and mobile... In retail, check out the one95(and lower model) pants. They don't have a pad on the hip flexor and the thighs are split so they are very mobile. Some people don't like the spine protector on them.

Personally, I'm pretty picky. All my pants are pro stock models but I have had retail pants in the past. I currently have a pair of Tackla 5000x, a pair of Jofa 7000s, a pair of Lecavalier Nikes and a pair of Bauer 5000... The Bauer pants are by FAR, my favorites. Slim hip protection, solid back piece(hip to hip is the same height). Fantastic pants, also really lightweight and mobile. The belly pad needed to be modified though.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote