View Single Post
Old
04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
SoupGuru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Last 2 games looked really bad to me, like playoff games from 06 or 03. Other team clogs up the ice and punches the Wings in the mouth repeatedly, and the Wings can't get anything going. The fact that they almost won anyway speaks to how lousy Philly is, especially Boucher.

That's gonna be the blueprint, no question about it. The Wings are going to be at the mercy of the refs for a lot of this in the playoffs, because if you're getting interfered with, punched and elbowed in the face, and slashed hard on the wrists every shift, and the refs are swallowing the whistles, well, just about any team in that spot is going to lose and that includes this one.

Posted my thoughts on Ozzie in the Ozzie Sucks thread, so there's no need to cross-post here.

Team looked like a bunch of Florence Nightengales out there for way too much of this one. Might want to think about covering the slot - even Arron Asham can score if you give him a tap-in from 5 feet out with nobody within 20 feet of him.

Datsyuk, Helm, and Cleary were the only guys that should feel even remotely good about their performances after this one. It's going to take a lot more than that to get out of the 1st round. Better get it in gear.
If Ozzie makes that first save, the game looks different.

That's the problem with the Wings, they'll play tight hockey for 19 minutes a period and then blow coverage or let a guy sneak in back door or not clear the puck and they give goals away. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed mistakes or that the goalie shouldn't be asked to bail out his teammates, but we need to tighten up in our own zone.

I don't think this was a horrible loss for the Wings. I liked their effort considering the physical play and the lack of whistles. I didn't like a few moments when our D lapsed, though.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote