View Single Post
Old
04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
This must be the 3rd or 4th time i have asked you to give me a concrete list of positive attributes to Rosival's play and you have not given me one each time. I'm not going to sit here while all you do is turn everything i say to suit you and repeat it.
I've given you the same answer over and over. Delve into my posts a little deeper if you still can't identify the answer to your question. This isn't NHL-10 where I can list his rating for every attribute you think is necessary in this discussion. He's an all-around solid dman who has very few voids to his game.

Quote:
I don't care if you value my opinion! I'm not here asking you for your approval, this is a forum and i gave my opinion. I don't need to run it past you because... i really could care less what you think. All i have asked you is to give me a list of reasons why you defend his play. You haven't, on any of the occasions i have asked.
You're kidding me, right? What have we been discussing this whole time if it isn't his play? It's been a series of false statements you have posted, and I just dug up his statistics to prove otherwise. Go back and read our posts again.

Quote:
Instead of giving me the list i wanted you decided to AGAIN start refuting what i said about him. Why? Stop randomly responding to me and missing the entire point of my posts. If you have anything to add to the argument at hand then as i said before list it out. But it does not seem like you do. You can't name anything that Rosival does exceptionally, you can't name anything that he even does well for that matter.
You're doing an awful job reading through my posts if you feel that way.

Quote:
All you have is a bunch of statistics that show me nothing about how Rosival plays. Hell Marc Staal and Dan Girardi have a better point total than Rosival, however they are not as offensively inclined as Rosival at all... Their shots are not as accurate, as powerful, as well placed. Oh but that stats prove that wrong don't they?
I'm usually the guy that doesn't resort to statistics. But I couldn't resist. I knew you had no idea where he was ranked amongst his peers in most of the topics you bashed him in.

Quote:
Until you write out a list i will not reply to what you have to say. It is meaningless, or in your words... "worthless". Why? Not because its invalid, but just because anything you say has no value to the argument at hand anymore and therefore i see no purpose in responding to it.

Quote:
I'll tell you one thing. You're not good at arguing. What you're good at is annoying the other person until they cease responding to you. You repeat what you say, you selectively choose what you will respond to, and most of all you dodge the things you can't defend by attacking what the other poster said.
Annoying? You're the one posting an opinion that you declared is biased because you do not like him. You then went out and criticized various aspects of his play, which I properly answered with a quick check in his statistics.

Quote:
To answer your questions now:

I can make the statements i make because I don't like Rosival or his style of play. He's one of the most frustrating rangers to watch. He offers no consistency, little help to hank, and little help to his team mates. Instead of taking players under his wing he has done nothing but look out for himself. What should a 5 million dollar defensemen do where there are 2 rookies on the same squad? Usually they tend to help them, instead neither him nor redden helped anyone. Instead both players were a liability to their pairings and brought down the entire level of play of the defense. How do i criticize Rosival for not blocking shots? Just because he's 30th doesnt mean that he's that big of a blocker. I saw the stats, like 40 defensemen or more are all clumped in within 10 or so blocks. Defensemen who average a lot less time than him. Defensemen who have been injured this season. That stat doesn't mean anything. Turnovers? I did not actually find a website that offered me his turnovers, so i can't respond to that. If what you say is true then fine, maybe he doesn't turn it over that much but he certainly has no clue with what to do with a puck when he gets it or is under pressure.
I recall you saying he never, ever blocks a shot. How the hell is he ranked 30-something amongst defenders if he never does so? (This is usually where someone says Hey, I was wrong, and moves on)

You bash him for forcing too many turnovers, and ignore the fact that he's one of the most responsible dmen with the puck. Why ignore it? Why not just buck up, and admit your biased opinion mislead you.

I've been proven wrong plenty of times before. If I'm wrong about something, I'll just man up and admit it. The only crutch in your argument, is your opinion. Again, I ask you, why should I value your opinion when you can't provide a fair analysis on a player you openly dislike?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote