View Single Post
Old
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah that deal wont work for Hawks because of Miettinen

The reason we would consider moving Sharp is because we have to many young forwards. Skille is expected to be on our roster next year and Beach almost made the hawks this past year so I expect if Hawks think he will be ready they would move him.

2 of Sharp , Byfuglien and Versteeg will likely be traded. I think Sharp and Steeger will be the ones traded as Buff has size + his contract expires next year and he can play both Wing and D so I see Hawks keeping him. Plus Sharp and Steeger would garner more interest I think in a trade

Your right this trade wont happen either because Harding is not something we will need. With Niemi's emergence and Crawford in system signed for 1 more year at only 800k I expect Niemi/Crawford to be our goalie tandem next year with Huet buried in minors or traded (Most likely buried)

Yep Niemi has already proven more in his 1 season then Harding has in his several and given Harding's health issues I would worry about him longterm

I think Harding would actually be a perfect fit for Flyers in offseason but they lack picks and there prospect pool has weakened considerably in recent years

Deal is a nonstarter for Hawks because we dont need Harding and Ebbett was terrible with Hawks

Hawks cant afford to carry another 6 mil contract longterm. Huet will be gone by any means next year and Sharp would be moved to clear more cap room especially with Brouwer and Seabrook's contracts expiring after next season

Here are my 2 proposals as a Hawks fan

Sharp for Hackett and 1st in 2010

Versteeg for 1st in 2011

What do you think?

I figure the 1st wont be popular but Sharp is just entering his prime and has a good contract. He is the type of guy that can help with young players that may be coming thru Wild system. A good leader and can play all 3 forward positions.

Hackett gives Hawks a goalie prospect for Rockford and the pick should be between 10-15. Might seem a little high price to pay but Sharp is proven NHL talent and has Selke caliber D.

2nd deal you get a young winger while Hawks get a 1st in a draft that is meh right now , Could be weakest in years
I appreciate the analysis from a Hawk perspective, it's hard to know what the opposing team is thinking. I think it's going to be hard to justify trading away our 1st round pick this year and we just don't have the prospects to do it if you ask me. I don't think we can afford to give up our first rounder in 2010 and Hackett. He looks like he may be really good and we just need to let him grow down in the AHL I think.

I have a feeling that we won't be able to pry Sharp away from the Hawks without paying up a lot. (not trying to say he isn't worth it) I just think that we can't give up our prospects when we have so few to begin with.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote