View Single Post
Old
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Their best chance against the Caps is playing at their best. If the scorers are on their game and the d-men are playing their best defensively and the usual great shot-blocking is coming from our d-men and bottom six guys then we should be fine.

Honestly, if we had any one of Leighton, Emery, or Backlund in goal I think we would have a decent shot at beating the Caps. It's not even because I think Boucher is as bad as everyone thinks, it's just because I think the team doesn't play well in front of him.
The best way to beat the Caps is to pressure their defense. You keep their defense bottled up against the boards and the end-wall, then you keep the play in their zone. Their defense is terrible and soft. You can run them over.

The problem with the Caps is you need to pressure constantly. You can't wake up in the 2nd and hope to have a chance. You can't play half a game, build a lead, and then sit back. You need to play "relentless" to beat them.

It can be done, but you have to be willing to do it. The Caps are built to be playoff fodder, and I'm being 100% honest. They are my 2nd favorite team, but they are a paper tiger.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote