Thread: Salary Cap: Any chance we can sign everyone ?
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Now that I know the cap will be going up or at least not going down, I think the only players we'll lose are Metropolit and Bergeron and maybe one more periphery player. We'll keep the goalies (4M) total, Plekanec (5m) Darche, Pyatt, Pouliot, Sergei, Lapierre and hopefully Moore. If one of Darche, Pyatt, Sergei, or Lapierre cry about only making 800K a year, we'll just let em walk.
That seems.... optimistic. Hiller just got 4.5 per, and with Halak having a breakthrough year, everyone knowing how talented Price is, and 2011 being a really weak draft, you don't think anyone will put pressure on prices with offer sheets for goalies that good?

Even assuming you're right with Pleks and the goalies... what do you suggest Pouliot and Sergei should be making? Pens could surely try for Pouliot for instance. 3 years at 1.75 per takes him to a contender, playing with Crosby or Malkin should be productive for his stats, and he can then go the 'get PAID in UFA' route afterwards - or take a two year deal to get the hike faster while keeping him RFA. That kind of money would only necessitate a 2011 2nd rounder from the Pens.

With Kostitsyn for instance - an offer sheet for less than a million... no compensation. Up to 1.5 million... a third rounder (this seasons comp).

I think this will be the year offer sheets become a real factor.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote