Thread: Injury Report: Bernier Injured - Back to Vancouver
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
alternate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
exactly, thanks for posting. even the most frequent hitters on the team last year were only getting ~2hits per game.

makes no sense to dress a vastly inferior hockey player to play 5 minutes a game and cannot contribute outside the 4th line energy role just to add 1-2 hits per game (that's to the overall team total, just to be clear) to the lineup.
Sorry, forgot yhe cup is awarded to the team that hits the hardest.

I know when I think of Pitt or Det I think big hitters. Guys like Maltby and Draper, huge hitters.

Same with Carolina and TB. Big tough teams when they won it all.

Only team post lockout who won the cup and would be considered tough and physical would be ANA but having two HOF blueliners coimplimented by Conn Smythe level gaoltending and Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry and MacDonald had more to do with it than anything else I'd say.

Look, I appreciate physical hockey and recognize the value of wearing down the opposition. But not at the expense of icing an inferior team to get it. The. Blueprint for winning in today's NHL is not running your opponent through the end boards. Its about having 20 skaters thab contribute above and beyond finishing a check and winning the special teams battle.

Simply look at the team MG has assembled; clearly he agrees. Welcome to the present. Being tough doesn't beat teams like Det or Chi. Period.
Posted via Mobile Device

EDIT: lol at quoting myself by mistake.

Last edited by alternate: 04-06-2010 at 08:56 PM.
alternate is offline   Reply With Quote