View Single Post
Old
02-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
It is too early to make a decision with Lehoux. Even if he were healthy all year, he needs to prove to the organization and the GM's over other organizations that he can do it more than 1 year.
Going into training camp in 05-06 (if there is a season) Lehoux theoretically could surpass Amrstrong on the depth chart if he keeps improving. In 06-07, we could need a center.

If Lehoux can repeat or even surpass what he did this year, He wouold make more sense in a number one center role than Conroy or Armstrong and we will have a cheap young piece to build around.

I think the payroll is closer to 28-30 mil. A rollback isn't guaranteed. If the top teams are looking to dump players they more thanb likely aren't going to be players under 30.

Just my thoughts
Exactly. And Conroy's 33 years old + it's not written anywhere he'll put up Calgary-like numbers without Iginla on his line.

Dave, are you so sure Lehoux will tank? Ok, he's still unproven at NHL level, but to trade him now simply doesn't make sense. What are you going to get for him? A 3rd liner? A 3rd round pick? At best...Maybe. He was having his best season, but don't forget what he did in the 2 previous ones. DT won't go around asking in return the moon and the stars for him, because he won't find a lot of GMs willing to pay a lot for Yanick.
...and what if he keeps improving and in a couple seasons we have a legit top6 forward? He could have no room? Well, if he'll play well, AM will make some room for him, you can bet on it. You speak like the Kings 1-2 punch at center is Forsberg-Sakic.

IMO, trading him now would be a gigantic BS.

As Kingsjohn said, just my 2 cents.