View Single Post
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Mr Jiggyfly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
All of that is valid, however, you need to learn both ways. AO will also shoot snappers/wristers from across his body as he moves from left wing to right. You need to know how to shoot both ways, off both feet and with the proper weight transfer for both.
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
While I do agree with Jiggyfly, I still think you need to first learn the wrist shot as a jumping off point. Why? Because all shots in hockey involve wrist action, and if you master it first, you'll have a solid foundation for the future. One thing I've noticed people with a poor snap shot doing is trying to use too much arms and not enough leg/trunk and wrist action.
I agree you should learn both, but I think he has the fundamentals down well enough, whereas others don't think he does.

If you watch his videos, you'll notice he is shooting off his outside foot and also getting good rotation on the puck. Most newbies struggle with both; they have a very stiff upper body and the puck floats and wobbles on them, like Han Solo just shot it down.

I used to coach youth hockey and he has better fundamentals then the kids I used to teach how to take snapshots. I've always seen a dramatic difference in a player's game once they start using snapshots... from passing to shooting, it gives your overall game a massive improvement.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote