Thread: Proposal: Trade for a Top NHL Winger
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Talbetts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan333 View Post
So Simon Gagne can be planted face first into the boards almost breaking his neck just like that. Then get 19 penalty minutes and nothing outside of Philadelphia is reported. But then Steve Downie clamps down on Crosby's leg and the entire world kicks up a fuss about how Crosby and the Pen's season was almost lost? If you think the NHL has nothing to do at least a little with what is reported (especially on NHL.com), you are blind.

Let's not forget that every time the Caps and Pens play each other, it is epic according to the media (NHL.com is the worst at this btw).

The Flyers and Ed Snider have pull with the NHL in terms of getting the Flyers on national television, and like I said before, thats because of the extremely loyal fanbase. Other than direct tv ratings, the Flyers give the NHL nothing else to work with in order to promote what it wants.

I agree the NHL is run by a bunch of morons, however, they aren't going anywhere. Might as well play by their rules. Additionally, I also agree that sports media in general aren't worth a crap, but their voices are still heard and the star players get their teams in that spotlight more often than not. The Flyers get spotlight, however its always for the negative, never the positive.
WTF? How in the world did I miss this Downie thing??? That's awesome! Do you have a youtube?

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote