Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Countdown to the draft
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD Bob View Post
Yeah, I've been keeping up with the Gare Joyce Kabonov bashing over there. The 31st NA ranking puts him quite a bit lower when you add the Euros. It's too early to tell if his attitude would scare Fletcher away, but the potential would be tough to pass up if he makes it to Minnesota's 2nd round pick.

Though this is probably pointless to discuss because I bet somebody will take a chance on him in the latter half of the 1st round.
I see someone with an already deep prospect pool chancing on him. Fletcher doesn't have the luxury to find a bust especially with his first pick.

I don't think that any of these picks are certain things, but I think if we grab a good forward in this draft, we must let him develop and take his time through the minors. We have to *develop* well, and I think that's been our main problem.

Edit:
Figured I'd edit to post a link to Russo's blog.

Lots of interesting things, but the thing that sticks out most to me is his reference so how good we look on the D side of things. I think that we will be okay for D for a while. I'm mostly happy about this because hopefully we can allow Scandella and Cuma to develop well down in the AHL. They can hopefully be top-4 D-men in a couple of years.

2nd thought: Maybe we can trade one of our guys down in the AHL for a forward guy. Not necessarily Sharp, but we could get a quality starter for something like Harding + (young d-man?). I'm not sure who's going to be available, but at least we have *some* trading chips.

Last edited by mnwildgophers: 04-07-2010 at 02:28 PM.
mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote