Thread: Injury Report: Jeff Carter (Update on post #97)
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Honestly, if Carter truly is good to go and can handle 20+min (at least as a winger), I would like to see us stack the Top 6, nobody can match up against this with the 4th line as the primary shut-down line:
JVR-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Briere-Giroux
Hartnell-Powe-Asham/Leino
Carcillo-Betts-Laperriere
I actually like that lineup. I think Carter helps alleviate a lot of the offensive pressure that's placed on Richards in terms of production and Carter on the wing allows Mike a bit of freedom to not have to carry the puck all the time. The other good thing is that if Richards gets waived out of a faceoff, Carter can go in and they don't miss a beat.

The French Connection line also works for me. That should have been one line that Stevens/Laviolette should have used this year. I also think Claude benefits in that he'll finally learn what his role is with the team. They keep him on the wing and Giroux and Gagne are fast enough to cover up on defense for Briere.

My only issue with the third line is Hartnell. His penchant for stupid penalties and selfish play should make him a press box regular. I'd rather go with Asham - Powe - Leino on the third. At least there's discipline to go there.

Finally, the fourth line has been a fixture most of the year. No sense in changing that up now.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote